Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thought you should know.



When it comes to this I can't find the words to say it.
But the fact is you deserve more credit than I ever gave you.
I push the times we were happy away, far away.
Sometimes so far I almost forget I was ever happy.
I was far more selfish than I led on.
It wasn't your fault or your mess to clean up.
But I am happy I met you and for what we had.
I don't regret what we had, but I do regret how we ended.
And lately I have thought about you, just wondering how you are.
And I wish we could be friends, but I know we were never meant to be friends.
Sometimes you meet people in order to have just those brief encounters of happiness and we need to take the opportunity for what it was.
No need to dwell or regret because at one point we were both smiling.
You made smile & I hope I made you smile.
And for what it's worth wherever you are I hope you're having a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment