Friday, November 26, 2010

To be Thankful.

I don't know what to be thankful for.
Things could be worse & I guess I am thankful for that.
I am thankful to have someone to listen.
Just one. 
I don't need many, just one person.
And for that I am thankful.
Thankful to be alive, for the most part.
I know not your typical holiday cheer, right?
When I write this I am oddly laughing to myself.
I am thankful to be alone.
I am thankful for my thoughts & only my thoughts.
I know this sounds horribly pessimistic but really it's more of a revelation.
You don't need others to tell you something is wrong or to tell you that everything is going to be okay.
Because even though they are trying to be there for you.
Who are they to you and your problem?
Do they really know what it feels like?
You have to learn to stand by yourself to ever stand at all.
I am Thankful for this battle I fight alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment